CASE STUDY: ROBOTIC PROCESS AUTOMATION
Robotic Process Automation, or RPA, is a form of business process automation technology. RPA tools, software robots, automate interactions with user interfaces, such as websites and desktop applications.
RPA reaches its full potential as a result of consistent process assessment and documentation.
Benefits and Process Candidates
- Better Accuracy – Robots don’t get tired and they don’t make mistakes
- Improved Compliance – Reliable and reduced risk, with monitoring and audit documentation
- Fast Cost Savings – ROI is generally less than 12 months
- Repetitive processes with defined exceptions
- Application integration with limited or expensive API capabilites
- Process automation to reduce errors and/or enhance security
Carrier Tracking Number Lookup
A logisitics company frequently receives tracking number exceptions in the form of a spreadsheet with thousands of tracking numbers that need to be checked with the carriers. We were able to program a robot to work through the spreadsheet, go to the respective carrier website retreive specific tracking data, update the spreadsheet and email it to a specified emaill address. This saved hundreds of hours of staff labor, increased responsiveness, and saved money by avoiding a costly carrier API.
Audit and Security
A company used a robot to check User ID’s across all company systems to ensure inactive employees were properly removed from all corporate systems. In this case, the robotic process documented the security protocol and process to satisfy strict audit standards.
Court Docket Analysis
A law firm was able to program a robot to login and search a state clerk of courts docket system, search for keywords (such as names or property addresses), download documents that meet the criteria, and email documents to specified legal project team. This robot was able to save thousands of staff hours, increased search reliability, and is able to provide documentation to the legal teams quickly.
These are just a few sample cases chosen to showcase the capabilities of Robotic Process Automation. The applications are virtually unlimited. GRIFFIN is a complete RPA solution provider that can help you company:
- Identify Candidate Processes for RPA
- Analyze and sculpt your business processes
- Develop robots to implement your strategy
- Measure and report on robot performance
Contact GRIFFIN today!